Sunday 26 February 2012

Finding the sunshine through the rain

Nat here.  Despite the gloomy rainy weekend here in BrisVegas we managed to find the sunshine!  Before the weekend started I had lunch on Friday with J and M at Spring which was great - fab chicken baps and lemon curd tartlets but I did think the cupcakes were a day old...and I know cupcakes!  It had a great vibe though and the cooking classes look a treat.


Friday night was dinner at Popolo over at Southbank (can't get enough of the dessert degustation!) with the husband's folks before heading to John Cleese  with T & B as well.  Good show, although wish there was more Fawlty Towers chat.  It bucketed down, not the best City Cat weather at all.

Saturday I tried THE dip for L's birthday dinner (Happy Birthday L!!) - and it was a hit Gem!  A quick pic before the second little pot was devoured.  I didn't have Le Creuset I must admit, mine are Le Kmart and for $3 you can't go wrong!  I'm thinking they would make cute Christmas presents with a little pre-made pudding or apple crumble?


P gave me the gift of inspiration for the upcoming 80s dinner party:


And I received a birthday gift from K:

K made it herself, isn't she clever?

Sunday was breakfast at Cirque (the relish is nearly as good as Cayman Pepper Jelly) and then lots of counting at a stocktake over at the old School:


Then husband and I popped over to Iceworks and had a quick taco tower and cocktail with M&M, we planned our trip to Tassie...can't wait!


We then popped over to B&T's to celebrate the signing of their contract on a house at Paddington, we even had a sneak peek!  We were around to see little S eat his avocado...100/100 adorable

SUNSHINE!

We topped our Sunday off with a bike ride over to Yeronga, for those who know me and the stories my Dad tells about my bike riding history I can tell you all that I AM getting better!  

2 comments:

  1. What a weekend Nat! What is a taco tower? My Mum had that cookbook, I'm sure it will be great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Loz! A taco tower is a strange phenomenon - it is tacos served on a high tea stand! Mum had passed-on Dinner Party 1, so now I have the complete dinner party set! I'm definitely taking your advice on a few of your suggested dishes too Gem, rockmelon and prosciutto and I'm leaning towards kiev or wellington for main.

    ReplyDelete