Thursday 2 February 2012

Non-Alcoholic Arty Fun

Shaan here.

I like a glass of wine (or two or more) every now and then but as I am on a fitness kick I have been trying to find fun things to do sans alcohol.  And along came Arteastiq in Singapore!  I got together a group of ladies who were all interested in finding their inner artist and signed up for a 3hr art session.  You can free-paint (ie go it alone) but we all thought that for a few extra dollars we would go the art teacher option.  The class was called 'Still Life Fruits' but we were able to use our artistic licence (I use this term VERY loosely) to put our own spin on it.  Despite a mid-class tanty about my disastrous efforts a few minutes with the teach taking us through shading and adding dimension and things started to turn around.

All-in-all it was a great 3 hours.  I can definitely see why people love painting (even if they aren't good at it), apart from some friendly banter amongst our crew, I didn't think about anything else other than my creation for the entire time.  Whilst I won't be going out and investing in art supplies, I will most definitely go back again soon for another foray into the artworld.

...now to find a place to hang my first creation in my pint-sized Singapore apartment...

www.arteastiq.com/artjam.html


Inspiring!
The end result.  No-one's going to pay any money and my hubby had a giggle but I am happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment