Sunday 19 February 2012

Sunshine Dip

Gem here. I have been dying to christen my gorgeous little pair of Le Creuset petite casserole dishes. They are so adorably tiny and are a divine frog green (my fav colour) but because I only have a pair I have struggled with inspiration as to what to use them for. Individual chocolate puddings came to mind but with only two pots how does that work unless I am indulging my husband?!


Cuteness!


And then my Mum emailed me a recipe that she and her friends are loving at the moment and I knew I had found the perfect solution to spoil my dishes on their debut...


HOT ARTICHOKE DIP

Ingredients
1 tin/jar artichokes (approx 340g), drained and chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
3 cloves garlic finely chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Salt and pepper

Method
  1. Mix artichokes, olive oil, basil and garlic together and marinate in the fridge for 12hours.
  2. Mix in the mayonnaise, cheese and salt and pepper to taste and pour into ovenproof dish.
  3. Bake in 180degC oven for 35minutes.
  4. Serve warm with oven dried Pita bread or Lebanese bread.

This recipe was so easy, fit perfectly into both pots and was a lovely treat to take to a dinner party we went to at a friends place last night- it was a hit!





1 comment:

  1. Gem that looks amazing! I received one of those cute little dishes for Christmas and haven't found anything to bake...until now!! xo

    ReplyDelete