Saturday 24 March 2012

Breakfast Sunshine

Nat here.  Together with husband's parents and his Aunty J visiting from Melbourne we soaked up the Brisbane sunshine this morning with brunch on our deck. Our menu consisted of croissants with jam and cream, mushrooms with sausage, bacon and tomato filling, scrambled eggs, roasted tomatoes with persian fetta and thyme, shakshuka and brioche french toast with vanilla ricotta and strawberries.  It was hard to fit everything on the table!

I had never made french toast before so was quite surprised at the ease with which it can be prepared.  The hardest part was finding brioche in Brisvegas! French Twist at the James St market if anyone was wondering..

SUNSHINE!

I found a recipe here that has been adapted for those who can't find brioche.  The other dish which was quite easy and very tasty was Shakshuka which is just ideal for a brunch.  I found it in Julie Goodwin's recipe book and there is a video online here.  I don't think I need to eat again until tomorrow - Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Did you cook all of that Nat?'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure did Loz! Well, not the croissants - they were Sara Lee. The only pastry I've ever attemped is choux pastry and I think that will be forever the extent of my French pastry ability!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing, it all looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete