Thursday 1 March 2012

Let me check my diary...

Gem here. What girl doesn't love a little blue box with a white ribbon?! Apart from all the amazing, sparkling things one might receive in such a box, my obsession with Tiffanys actually comes down to stationery (husband got off lightly there!). I am very old fashioned when it comes to a diary. None of this putting my appointments, birthdays or events in my phone or computer business, I want to write it down, circle it, asterisk it and flick through the pages of what the weeks and months ahead hold. So when  my good friend L came back from New York nearly four years ago with a beautiful gift for me, a gorgeous Tiffany and Co diary (boxed and ribboned of course) she had no idea of the tradition she had started. It was so beautiful with its 'Tiffany blue' cover and silver edged pages, I declared to husband that there was absolutely no going back to the newsagent variety, I simply had to have a 'Tiff' diary every year!


Sunshine

As the years have passed I don't go anywhere without 'the' diary. I have even got a matching telephone directory (courtesy of L again- spoilt!) and have been quite partial to the silver cover that has been offered the last two years running. I have to say walking into the Tiffany and Co store on 5th Avenue New York is a sight to behold. Riding the elevator (with the lift operator calling out the floors and what delights are on each) to one of the 5 floors to purchase your treat as well as exploring all the dazzling displays certainly feels very 'Audrey'.
So, all these years later in January I still relish in the opening of my little blue box with the white ribbon and folding back the crisp pages of my new diary. Maybe one year I will find something sparkly in the box as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment