Thursday 22 March 2012

Indian Sunshine!

Nat here.  I squealed with delight tonight after venturing back to my favourite Indian restaurant knowing it was still there!  Kuma started his Indian restaurant (Cafe Kuma) at Coopers Plains on Brisbane's South probably 10 years ago, he now owns the Indian restaurant, pizza shop and Thai restaurant all in the one complex. Not only is he still there, he has expanded...and four years later he still remembers my order!


It is very welcoming at Kuma's, he loves a neon light


There are no menu's at Cafe Kuma, he asks you what you like, how hot and suddenly you have four delicious dishes with rice and naan for the somewhat ridiculous price of $36 - in total!  

It is dead-set delicious Indian.  It takes me back to the Mango Tree in Hampi where I enjoyed the most delicious Thali with my cousin B, whom I have affectionately called "Nerd" since as long as I can remember.  Nerdy, Nerdette, Nerd burger, there have been variations over the years.  Here she is at Mango Tree in Hampi...


Although, to get to Mango Tree we had to travel by train from Bombay for 7 hours - I don't know where I found the strength!


Perhaps from the fresh samosa's....yes, before you ask...I did eat these and trust me, they were awesome!

At least, after 7 hours on a train I saw some beautiful sunsets:

And some amazing ruins:


That was a trip I won't forget!  Don't forget to try Kuma if you appreciate a good curry.  If you don't believe me there are some reviews here.  Now do you believe me?  

No comments:

Post a Comment